Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dear Joshua Bennett

I had the honor of seeing Joshua Bennett perform live in November. I sat in that audience, in that cold ass dark room and when he spoke, flushes of gold light and warmth radiated throughout the room and our my minds became interwined with his words of pure sincerity and passion. I sat there as he spit this poem about love. the last lines going like, "Dear unattainable love, if you ever find yourself at a bus stop in brooklyn with a lead havy heart and a craving for wings, write me a love poem on a kite made from paperclips and old cross word puzzles wait for an evening when that sunset is so brazen tha you could fry an egg on it and let it fly adressed to the boy with earthquaked legs signed sincerely the best co-pilot this side of the atmosphere". how could he say those words and not mean it? How could he come up with an image of pure beauuty and fantasy and link it to what love is like for him? If love is sincere and pure and if its anything like Josh depicts it to be, I wouldn't be scared to fall again.

No comments:

Post a Comment